Please use the following format 248-555-1212
Please enter correctly as this is the main way we will contact you
Because I am Fostering-to-Adopt I will expected to do the following:
√ I will treat all animals with respect and I will work as a team member with all fosters and Board Members.
√ I will abide by all FPFI standards and agree to follow the directions/instructions of the FPFI Board Members/Committee Managers and report any problems as they arise.
√ I will always represent FPFI in a professional manner.
√ I understand that I will be fostering at my own risk and that the organization, it's Board members or any affiliates, cannot assume any responsibility for any accident, injury or health problem which may arise from any volunteer work I perform for the organization. I hereby waive, release and forever hold harmless FPFI and its officers and affiliates from any claims of liability including, but not limited to, claims of negligence and/or injury to me or any member of my household arising out of my participation in the Furry Paws Foster Inn Inc. Foster Program.
√ I understand that all FPFI volunteers and fosters are required to complete a Hold Harmless Waiver and Non-Disclosure in order to volunteer/foster with FPFI. This document will be sent to me after my initial conversation with a Board Member, and I will not be able to volunteer or foster with FPFI until the form is completed, signed and returned.
√ I agree that all the work I do is on a volunteer basis and I am not eligible to receive any monetary payment or reward.
Fosters must be at least 18 to volunteer with our organization. If you have a parent or guardian that might have an interest in volunteering/Fostering with you, they could submit a fostering application and once approved, you would be able to volunteer together. They would have to be with you the entire time.
I certify that the above information is true and understand that false information may result in nullifying this application.
Please read each statement below:
1. Dogs are different from human beings in their responses to human actions and the actions of the dogs are often
unpredictable; dogs should be closely supervised when they are with children and a dog’s behavior may change
after he/she leaves the foster facility or home. Age and breed of our dogs are estimated based upon the limited
information available given at time of surrender and The Furry Paws Foster Inn cannot guarantee the accuracy
of such estimates. THE FURRY PAWS FOSTER INN MAKES NO CLAIMS OR REPRESENTATIONS OR
WARRANTIES (EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) AS TO THE TEMPERAMENT, AGE, BREED, HEALTH OR MENTAL DISPOSITION OF ADOPTED DOG.
2. I hereby accept possession of, right to, title to and responsibility for the Adopted Dog identified above and
release and discharge The Furry Paws Foster Inn forever from liability for injury or damages to persons or
property caused by Adopted Dog, and from any causes of action, claims, suits or demands whatsoever that may
arise as a result of such injury or damages, including instances involving the negligence of The Furry Paws
Foster Inn. I agree to indemnify The Furry Paws Foster Inn from any such liability, causes of action, claims, suits
3. I understand that The Furry Paws Foster Inn is adopting the Adopted Dog to me based upon representations
that I will provide good care and a loving indoor home for the Adopted Dog for his/her entire life. I agree that I
will not release the Adopted Dog at any time into the wild, take the Adopted Dog to a shelter or animal control
facility, or give the Adopted Dog away for the purpose of relinquishing responsibility for it. If I am unable to care
for the Adopted Dog at any time, I will notify The Furry Paws Foster Inn and the Adopted Dog must be returned
to The Furry Paws Foster Inn unless The Furry Paws Foster Inn consents to a transfer of ownership. THE
FURRY PAWS FOSTER INN MUST BE IMMEDIATELY NOTIFIED IF I CAN NO LONGER KEEP THE ADOPTED DOG.
FAILURE TO DO SO CONSTITUTES A BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION. In
the event of return and regardless of the date of such return, I hereby relinquish forever all rights to the
Adopted Dog and waive any fees paid to The Furry Paws Foster Inn in connection with the adoption of the
4. I understand that The Furry Paws Foster Inn does its best to disclose all health records and known health
conditions to adopters. I am aware that the dog I am adopting likely came from an owner surrender. I
understand that upon accepting a new dog into the organization, The Furry Paws Foster Inn provides its dogs
with a basic vet visit that includes necessary vaccinations and health tests but does not provide a
comprehensive medical exam prior to adoption. As a result, sickness, injury and disability may exist
unbeknownst to The Furry Paws Foster Inn. The Furry Paws Foster Inn is not responsible for payment of any
vet care, including known and unknown medical conditions once I adopt the Adopted Dog. I agree to provide at
my own expense any follow-up vet visits that may be necessary for previous health conditions.
5. I agree to get the proper licensing as required by my local ordinance city/county/state. It would be acquired
and worn by the animal at all times.
6. The adopted dog will never be left unattended outside on a tether or chain 24/7. If The Furry Paws Foster Inn is
notified of excessive outdoor habitation, The Furry Paws Foster Inn reserves the right to enter personal
property and redeem the animal. Should medical expenses arise due to this neglect, the adopter will be liable to
pay for up to $2,500 in medical expense compensation to The Furry Paws Foster Inn.
7. I understand that there have been several recent incidents in the Baltimore, MD area where dogs that have been
left unattended and tied up outside of stores, restaurants, or buildings even for just a few minutes have been
stolen (possibly for inhumane purposes). I agree that I shall not leave the Adopted Dog unattended on the street
or in any public area. I also agree that the Adopted Dog will be walked on a leash, and I will not allow my dog off
leash in public areas that are not enclosed.
8. The Furry Paws Foster Inn reserves the right, at any time, to reclaim the Adopted Dog in the best interest of its
welfare if, in The Furry Paws Foster Inn’s sole discretion, the dog is neglected, mistreated, or denied medical
care, or I, adopter, do not comply with this Agreement or fail to comply with local, county, state laws regarding
9. I agree to take the Adopted Dog for a comprehensive veterinarian examination, within 1 MONTH of the date of
this Agreement and annually thereafter. I understand that The Furry Paws Foster Inn is adopting a dog to me
based upon representations made during the application process that I have the financial means and personal
commitment to provide quality veterinary care to the Adopted Dog for its life and I agree to seek veterinary
treatment for any and all health conditions. I also agree to administer flea/tick and heartworm preventative
medicine every month.
10. If the adopted dog is not already spayed or neutered, I agree to have him/her spayed or neutered and provide
The Furry Paws Foster Inn with documented proof of spay/neutering within a year.
11. If the Adopted Dog is not already microchipped, I agree to have him/her microchipped. I will deliver or email
proof of microchipping to The Furry Paws Foster Inn.
12. The Furry Paws Foster Inn strongly recommends that all adopters enroll their Adopted Dogs in a pet care
insurance program immediately after adoption. Adopters should be aware that veterinary care is very
expensive and can be particularly surprising to new dog owners. Purchasing pet insurance, which is often in the
range of $50 per month, can be a lifesaver if an expensive procedure is ever needed. If you decide to purchase
pet health insurance, it is highly recommended that you do so immediately after adoption because any
conditions that arise prior to purchase may be considered pre-existing and not covered under the policy. The
Furry Paws Foster Inn can recommend insurance plans if requested.
13. I permit an authorized member or official of The Furry Paws Foster Inn to visit my premises from time to time to be assured that the animal is happily settled.
14. I understand that it will take weeks or months for the Adopted Dog to feel secure in a new environment and
that I can expect that the Adopted Dog may have anxieties, fear, or housebreaking issues that will need to be
worked through with patience and positive reinforcement. I understand that positive reinforcement obedience
training is of the utmost importance, and that it can make the Adopted Dog’s transition into my home go more
smoothly. I understand that The Furry Paws Foster Inn is adopting the Adopted Dog to me based upon
representations made during the application process that I will invest adequate time and resources to help the
Adopted Dog with behavioral issues to the extent that any ever arise. I understand that prior to returning a dog
to The Furry Paws Foster Inn due to behavioral issues, I will meet with a professional dog trainer or behaviorist
for at least 3 sessions to address any such issues and communicate progress to The Furry Paws Foster Inn. In
the event the Adopted Dog is returned for behavioral reasons, I will provide evidence of such consultations and
detailed description of behaviors to assist future fosters and adopters.
15. At the time of adoption, I have had the opportunity to review the following documents and ask any questions to
The Furry Paws Foster Inn regarding such documents: veterinary/medical records, foster information and
observed behavior forms (although foster info and observed behavior forms may not always be available).
16. Two Week Shutdown/Integration Protocol
● I will keep my newly adopted dog and my existing animals separated by gates or other barriers for at
least one week, or for as long as two weeks
● I will introduce my newly adopted dog to other animals in the house slowly, and for short periods of time
(10-15 minutes for each session), through physical barriers or while walking together with all dogs
leashed for at least one week, or for as long as two weeks.
● I will introduce my newly adopted dog only to immediate family members for at least one week, or for as
long as two weeks.
● I will always keep my newly adopted dog on a leash while he is in the house for at least one week, or for
as long as two weeks.
● I will not introduce my newly adopted dog to other dogs outside of the house for at least one week, or for
as long as two weeks.
● I will always keep my newly adopted dog on a leash while he is outside, even if I have a fenced yard, for at
least one week, or for as long as two weeks.
● I will always keep my newly adopted dog safely crated when I am not home for at least one week, or for
as long as two weeks.
● I will not leave my newly adopted dog unsupervised with any existing animals or small children for at
least one week, or for as long as two weeks.
● I will not take my newly adopted dog to public places - pet store, dog park, friend’s house, family
member’s house or doggie play group for at least one week, or for as long as two weeks.
● I will not attempt to begin any obedience training of my newly adopted dog for at least one week, or for
as long as two weeks.
● I understand that my newly adopted dog needs to learn about my household routines and expectations.
● I will be particularly vigilant about not leaving windows or doors open while my newly adopted dog is
transitioning to his new, permanent home.
I understand that this SHUTDOWN/INTEGRATION PROTOCOL is required so that my newly adopted dog
will be set-up for a successful transition into his new, permanent home. If I choose to disregard this
SHUTDOWN/INTEGRATION PROTOCOL (which has been compiled by experts with many decades of
experience), I am choosing to set-up my newly adopted dog for possible failure.
HEARTWORM POSITIVE DOGS ONLY:
To the extent that the Adopted Dog is heartworm positive at the time of adoption, I agree to take all necessary steps to ensure that the Adopted Dog is treated for this disease as soon as possible after adoption. The Furry Paws Foster Inn provides two options for treating heartworm positive dogs (please choose one of the following):
Option A: I, as the adopter, agree to pay the regular adoption fee and The Furry Paws Foster Inn will continue the
plan of the necessary heartworm treatment shots. The Furry Paws Foster Inn already has the shots scheduled
or plan to schedule dates for the heartworm shot treatment. The Furry Paws Foster Inn will make all payments
for heartworm treatment directly to the Treatment Location. I understand that The Furry Paws Foster Inn shall
only be responsible for payment of the heartworm treatment shots and not for any ancillary or follow-up
services (such as x-rays, retesting). I also understand that The Furry Paws Foster Inn shall not be liable for any
urgent care or other expenses resulting from complications as a result of the heartworm shots. I understand
that it is my responsibility to drive and pick-up the Adopted Dog to and from the Treatment Location for 3
Option B: I will bring the Adopted Dog to a veterinarian for heartworm evaluation and treatment soon after
adoption. I agree to follow the treatment protocol established by my veterinarian, and will deliver or email each
receipt visit to the vet all the way up to the final proof of completion of heartworm treatment to The Furry Paws
Foster Inn. If The Furry Paws Foster Inn has any unused donations towards treatment and vet care they will
pay it directly to the vet you plan to use.
By signing and dating below I acknowledged, understand, and agree with the statements above.
Please pass phone/tablet to The Furry Paws Foster Inn Representative/Foster for them to electronically sign.
Within 24hrs you will receive a separate email to physically sign this document.